Hispania adopted Roman lifestyle and culture and the process of acquiring such culture is known as romanization. The main elements taken from the Romans were:
- Latin was the most common language in Hispania.
- Roman religion spread in Hispania but it was replaced by Christianity from the 2nd century AD.
- .Romans founded lots of cities.
- All the cities were connected by roads.
- Cities adopted Roman currency which made trade easier.
- Roman legionaries intermingled with local people and stayed in Hispania after retiring so this had a very positive effect on spreading Roman culture.
Romanization was very quick on the Mediterranean areas but it was much slower in inland Spain where Romans had more resistance to their occupation. However, Hispania was one of the most romanized territories in the whole Empire.